Jan 6, 2010

Eternia - Get Caught Up


Eternia is one of the dopest MC's reppin Canada. She also reps female MC's to the fullest while spiting harder than most dudes. Her style is "Boom Bap/Golden Age Rap" at its best. Get Caught Up is collection of notable gems she's released over the course of her impressively long career. In her words, "These are not "pop" songs. These are note video singles. These are not Top 10 hits. This is the heart and soul of why I do what I do when I do it. This is a personal offering to those that this mix was made for." One song I particularly connected with is, "Balance" where she uses relationships as a metaphor for  not wanting to chose between the two countries she loves. Look out for her album with producer, Moss later this year.
On a side note. E. Can  you bless me with one of those "My Favorite Rapper Wears a Skirt" t-shirts?

Thanks to Okayplayer.com for the link

No comments:

Post a Comment