Aug 18, 2010

Moose Hunter

Moose Hunter
Most summers I spend a week in the summer camping in the Cape Breton Highlands with my in-laws. This year was no different except for the fact that I became obsessed with capturing a clear photo of a moose. The Highlands are loaded with wildlife we don't see here in the city, so I was really trying to get my Steve Irwin on. After a night of frequent sightings but failed photo attempts with my father in law I felt discouraged. Then, a couple of days later we decided to take a drive to a near by town called Cheticamp and bam! My mother in law caught one at a distance out of the corner of her eye and it was on after that. We managed to spot two more and I got my shot as seen above. We had a great and relaxing time and I came back ready to tackle the world again.

The other great thing about being away was that I got to work on updates to the main Glitterati site! I ended up changing it quite a bit more than I initially expected to but I'm really happy with the new direction it's taking. The overall look is the same but I made the user experience a little easier and added some new sections. One of the additions I'm most happy about is a section dedicated to some of my writing. We've also added a section where you can download some of my digital art for free as iphone and computer wallpapers. Check below for a sneak peak of the writing section. I'll be debuting the new site in the next week or so so I'll keep y'all informed.
Peace!

Glitterati writing

2 comments:

  1. Couldn't find your contact info. I linked to this post on Infomonkey.net and used your pix big. It's a great picture. Hope that's ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a problem. Thanks for the compliment and thanks for linking me!

    ReplyDelete