Jan 13, 2010

Muhammad Ali The Rapper


Legendary Art Director, Designer, Ad Man and probably one of the people shows like Mad Men take inspiration from, George Lois has produced my latest want. A book of quotes from the G.O.A.T. Muhammad Ali, who Lois describes as the first rapper. It was published in 2006, has a nice, clean design and features some classic Ali images to go with each quote. On a side Note. Chuck D has a DVD of the same name based on the book. Pure dopeness all around.

"You done rolled the dice on me.
Now we're going to have to finish the game.
You can't cop out now.
We done gone too far to turn around.
You've got to go on and
either free me or put me in jail,
because I'm going to go on just like
I am, taking my stand.
If I have to go to jail, if I have to die,
I'm ready...
I'm a Freedom Fighter now."
- Muhammad Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment