Jan 5, 2012

That's Gayngsta Painting

That's Gayngsta I've been thinking about how modern society perceives males, their roles and how those roles have shifted. As a result, this painting emerged from my subconscious. At the most basic level, this painting started out as an image of a white male in a collared shirt. I then removed his shirt and added rainbow glasses and my perception changed. My perception changed again when I added a neck tattoo and tattooed tear. Is he heterosexual or homosexual? Is he a thug or just a guy with tattoos? Surely homosexuals can be thugs too though, so is he a homosexual thug? This is the weird shit that runs through my mind. Yes, I know... I recently had this on display at the Dalhousie Student, Staff, Faculty and Alumni Exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment